Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Panguitch Lake Cabin- July 2010

I grew up going to my grandparents cabin a few times every summer, and it is honestly one of my favorite places in the whole world. There is no cell phone service or internet, so you are disconnected from the world, but there is satellite tv and hot showers- so still comfortable. It's so nice to get away and enjoy some time. We are really trying to be on a tight budget and with it being almost a 2 hour drive from St. George, it wasn't easy convincing John that we needed to go there (because of gas money). I figured he gets the Philippine trip and I get the cabin trip. It's also rare that we have a weekend off and John isn't on-call (meaning he can't leave town), so we had to take advantage of it. It's also hard to find a sub for our primary class (thanks Rachel & Eldon!).
This was one of the best weekends we have ever had! We laughed until we cried, watched some good movies, and spent time in the great outdoors. We took Frank and he loved it. He was so distracted that he wouldn't even eat until we left.


I love this picture of my boys! See the rainbow in the background over the lake? This is from the front porch of the cabin.


Frank just relaxing and hanging out on the porch. I'm sure he enjoyed it being less than 110 degrees. He also loved watching the ants crawl around, chasing chipmunks, and trying to eat flies. He just was a little confused about where he was and whenever he was in the cabin he kept pacing around and wouldn't hold still.


My mom got us this adorable picnic basket for our wedding and I think we've only used it once before. So I insisted on having a picnic on Saturday afternoon. We parked the car along the lake so we could go fishing after we ate.





Frank in all his cuteness.





John fishing.
I really am bad luck with fishing because he still has never caught anything (me either) when I am with him.


It started raining the second we left the cabin and alternated between heavy rain and sprinkling every 30 seconds. Then it started to hail. It was an adventure. :)




Sitting in the back of the car waiting for the rain to stop



If you look really close you can see the hail on the water




One night we were riding around on the 4-wheeler and there were awesome colors amongst the clouds.











We seriously had the best time and seriously thought about calling in sick on Monday so we could stay longer. John had never played Yahtzee before, so we played 6 times. I called him the dice whisperer once because almost everything he said happened, like the dice listened to him or something. He won 4 out of 6 games. He also won Life, Rummy, & Heck. Not fair. We also attempted a bike ride. It was pretty hot on Sunday and hopefully the high altitude had something to do with the fact that we were dying after a mile. A six-month pregnant belly didn't help me either. But it was fun anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment