Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Salt Lake City trip/Hogle Zoo- October 2013

Hogle Zoo
We left Saturday morning and drove straight to Hogle Zoo.  We only had a few hours before it closed and I was worried we wouldn't get to see everything and do everything.  I was surprised when we were finished about 90 minutes after we got there.  There was a huge area closed off for construction and the train was closed also.  Quite a few of the animals were not in their cages.  Needless to say, we were disappointed.  Brynlee wasn't that impressed by anything and it was hard keeping track of her.  She hates the stroller and since she has so much energy we just let her walk (which for her means run away).  We did have a good time, but I'm glad we didn't spend more money or plan for the whole day there.  The weather was pretty good.  There was a cold wind, but it was sunny and we kept warm by staying active.
 
 The elephants

 Some kind of monkey- I love that they are snuggled up together and hand their hands intertwined.
 
 My favorite- the meerkats!
 
 
 
 There were a couple of turtles/tortoises together in the same cage.  2 started fighting and biting each other.  It was pretty funny to watch.







 The giraffes.  The giraffe above was licking the building for a while.  Pretty funny.




 We went back to the elephants on our way out...

I was sad that there were no penguins, polar bears, or orangutans.  I didn't see a place for penguins at all and the polar bear and orangutans were missing.
 
 
 
Sunday morning we went to Temple Square.  We walked around a little (it was raining) and went in the Visitor's Center.  The grounds were gorgeous as always and we were able to get a very cute picture of Brynlee with the flowers in front of the tabernacle.
 


 
The reason we went to Salt Lake- one of John's friends was blessing his new baby on Sunday.  That was a long drive and short trip just for that, but that's what we do for friends right?
 
After church we ate and drove home.


No comments:

Post a Comment