Our yearly tradition is to go to Staheli Farm before Halloween. So glad that Brynlee was still free this year. Next year she will require an entrance fee.
We took a hayride to the pumpkin patch. I wasn't planning on getting any pumpkins because I assumed they would be very pricey. But I was surprised how cheap they were. All 3 of our pumpkins were only a couple of dollars total.
I will have to remember for the future not to go to a farm in the first trimester of pregnancy. I might have been at the beginning of the 2nd trimester, but the quesiness was still there. The smell of the cows made me dry-heave before we even got to the entrance. Thankfully that smell was only at the entrance and I was able to keep my dinner down.
I love the things that the farm comes up to make kid activities from nothing. Brynlee loved this horse shaped tire swing (above) and the pipe slide (below). The slide was super fast so I was glad Brynlee only wanted to go on it once. I was afraid she would get hurt.
This was a giant bouncing "pillow". We had to bribe Brynlee with root beer and fries to get her off.
Speaking of root beer and fries- last year that's what we had as a snack and they were amazing. So that has become part of our tradition.
Petting the sheep and goats
October 2012
October 2013
No comments:
Post a Comment