Thursday, December 5, 2013

Brynlee's 3rd birthday-November 2013

Brynlee's 3rd birthday fell on a Monday, so we decided to have her party on the Saturday before (November 2nd).  We went to a park in Coral Canyon that we love.  The weather was perfect, which I have noticed it has been the first weekend in November for several years (since she was born).  That is why I did not want to wait until the following weekend because I was afraid it would be rained out.
 
I tried to keep it simple by not doing a meal, but we still had snacks.  I did a vegetable tray and popcorn because Brynlee loves popcorn and what could be easier than microwaving a few bags.  Grandma and Grandpa Miller brought yummy homemade chips and salsa and we also had water and "princess punch".  Brynlee picked out the tableclothes and princess plates and napkins (shocking right).  Grandma Winslow brought balloons.  The worst part was the cake and cake pops.  I wanted to do the cake in the shape of a number 3, which wasn't bad at all.  The nightmare was frosting it and I thought it looked pretty ugly.  Brynlee didn't seem to mind though.  John insisted on making cake pops using another cake recipe (not from a box because we don't like cake from a box).  It made a ton, but the annoying thing was frosting them and putting on sprinkles.  Having a cake pop maker didn't help because the hard part is the frosting.  It felt like we were frosting those for hours.  I was glad almost all of the cake and cake pops were eaten.




 I love the suprised look on her face when she opened the box of princess shoes.  She made that face with almost every single present she opened.
 
 





 
Brynlee and Jaxon are the best of friends.  After presents they took off together up the hill.  Jaxon said they were going "camping"- his new favorite obsession.
 
 
Picture at home with all the presents:
 
Princess blanket
Princess shoes
Belle outfit
Princess "twirly" dress for church
Silver glitter church shoes
Princess coloring book
Princess painting book
Princess dress up trunk
Princess memory game
Princess book with wand
Snow White crown
Bubbles
Necklace
Princess talking mirror
Princess books
Princess projector for room
Tinkerbell flashlight
Muppets movie
Princess book with songs
Princess light switch cover
Zhu Zhu pets plus accessories
$10 from Grandpa Winslow that we used to buy a princess hamper for her room
 
I'm sure there was more, but that's all I can remember.  She sure got spoiled and she loved it of course!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment